The Emerging Leaders in Transportation program, a joint effort between C2SMARTER and the Rudin Center for for Transportation Policy and Management, aims to enhance the toolkit of early-career employees to make transportation more efficient, effective and people-oriented.
In this program, participants will learn from top transportation and management professionals to enhance leadership skills, communication techniques and policy work to bring innovative ideas into practice.
The 2024 program will take place on February 13-15, 2024 in person at the New York University Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service, and will include one off-site facility tour.
Apply at this form by December 18, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
The agenda includes:
- Leadership sessions, where participants will explore long-term leadership goals and develop innovative projects and ideas within their organizations
- A behind-the-scenes visit to a major transportation facility for hands-on learning about industry goals and challenges
- A networking reception with program alumni
Discussion topics will include: leadership, innovation, communications, building support for innovation, DEI in transportation planning, and practical applications. Sessions will include talks from and with industry leaders, as well as training modules and exercises. Participants will develop plans to introduce innovative solutions or concepts within their workplaces.
View the recap of the 2022 program here.
This year’s program brochure is located here.
This year’s Emerging Leaders in Transportation Program will take place Tuesday, February 13 through Thursday, February 15, 2024, at the historic Puck building in Manhattan. The program fee is $2,000 for private sector participants and remains free for those from the public sector and non-profits.
- November 15, 2023 | Applications Open
- December 18, 2023 | Applications Due | Visit here to start your application.
- January 5, 2024 | Admissions notice sent
- January 22, 2024 | Confirm participation and fee
- February 13, 2024 | Program Starts
- February 14, 2024 | Site Visit
- February 15, 2024 | Alumni Networking and Connections
- The Emerging Fellows program is open to current transportation professionals with up to 10 years of experience.
- The program fee is $2,000 for private sector participants and remains free for those from the public sector and non-profits.
- Applicants are welcome from any location; however, we are unable to subsidize travel or lodging for participants.
- No AICP or other continuing education credit is available for this program.
- Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply. Past participants are ineligible.
- Students are welcome to apply; preference will be given to applicants with full-time work experience.
- Participants must be able to attend the entire program in person.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.