Thursday, September 14, 2023C2SMART Data Viz Lab C2SMARTER hosted a Fall...Read More
Apply Now for the 2022 Outstanding Student of the Year Award!
Each year, the C2SMART Center acknowledges one student from any of its member institutions as a Student of the Year as chosen by the Center’s executive leadership committee. The chosen student will be acknowledged and awarded:
- Cash prize of $1,000 and a certificate from USDOT
- The cost of attendance for the 2023 101st Annual TRB Meeting in January 2023
- Free registrations to the Council of University Transportation Centers Banquet (virtual)
C2SMART’s 2021 Outstanding Student of the Year Winner – Daniel Ortiz
Selection will be based upon accomplishments in three areas: Technical Merit and Research Capability, Academic Performance, and Leadership. The following minimum requirements must also be met:
- Eligible candidates must be an enrolled member of a C2SMART Consortium University.
- Eligible candidates must have received financial support from the Center for at least one semester prior to receiving the award.
- Eligible candidates must have completed at least 12 hours of graduate course work at the time the selection is made, with a grade of B or higher, and have a graduate GPA in excess of 3.25 (out of 4.00).
- Eligible candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Eligible candidates must be available to attend the CUTC banquet on January 7, 2023.
To apply, students must complete the application form providing detailed answers to each of the specified questions. The responses should not exceed the provided length of the form (maximum of 2 pages). The student should also include the following attachments to the application:
- Academic transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Resume and biographical sketch
- Nomination letter from at least one faculty member
- Copy of paper(s) written by the nominee (if applicable), including a short description of the student’s contribution to the paper
Once complete, the application form and attachments should be submitted electronically returned as a single PDF with the student’s last name followed by institution (e.g. Name_NYU.pdf) via email to their institution’s Center-affiliated director by the prescribed deadline of Friday, September 30, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted, and there are no exceptions to this rule. The award winner will be notified by the Center in October 2022.
The Center-affiliated directors for each of the participating institutions are:
- New York University: Professor Joseph Chow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rutgers University: Professor Hani Nassif (email@example.com)
- City College of New York: Professor Camille Kamga (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of Washington: Professor Jeff Ban (email@example.com)
- University of Texas at El Paso: Professor Kelvin Cheu (firstname.lastname@example.org)