- This event has passed.
Flooding and Public Transportation
October 20, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 pm
Hurricane Ida presented the latest example of climate change impacts to the subway system, with extensive damage and a systemwide shutdown. As storms intensify and sea levels rise, New York City’s public transportation systems will endure repetitive flooding and destructive events.
The NYU Rudin Center for Transportation presents a virtual panel discussion about mitigating climate change impacts, keeping transit riders safe and reassured, and activating alternative modes.
- Chante Harris, Director, Climate Investment & Partnerships, SecondMuse
- Greg Lindsay, Director of Applied Research, NewCities
- Jose Martinez, Transportation Reporter, THE CITY
- Jamie Torres-Springer, Commissioner, NYC Department of Design and Construction
- Moderated by Sarah M. Kaufman, NYU Rudin Center for Transportation